Beer Tasting Awards
The IBC Tasting Awards winners are established through a rigorous judging process - a highly controlled operation of intense blind tastings by panels of more than 60 respected and experienced industry professionals.
Samples are delivered to the judging area in flights of numbered tasting glasses to ensure the accuracy of the blind tasting. Each product is blind tasted and awarded a score for its aroma, appearance, taste and finish. Scores are collated and recorded by the table captain before Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals are awarded.
A smaller super jury panel will award the higher medals, trophies for the overall winner of each class and the supreme champion.
- Best Ale 5% and above
- Best Ale up to 5%
- Best Lager 5% and above
- Best Lager up to 5%
- Best Stout or Porter
- Best Speciality Beer
- Best Flavoured Beer
- Best Wheat Beer
- Supreme Champion Beer
Design & Packaging Awards
A separate panel of Design & Packaging experts will meet on the day of tasting to judge the entries. Our panel of judges assess each product against a set design brief and is scored on initial impact, originality, creativity, innovation and relevance to target market.
- Supreme Champion Design & Packaging
- Design & Packaging Established Trophy
- Design and Packaging Repackaged Trophy
- Design & Packaging New Design Trophy
- Design & Packaging Range Trophy
Our Brewer Awards underline a producer's commitment to quality and innovation and are designed to highlight a brewers consistency, excellence and quality across beer portfolios. The Brewer of the Year awards are scored on a weighted points system based on the performance of all brands entered by a company.
- Supreme Champion Brewer
- Brewer of the Year - Asia
- Brewer of the Year - Europe
- Brewer of the Year - Oceania
- Brewer of the Year - UK
- Brewer of the Year - South America
- Brewer of the Year - North America
- Brewer of the Year - Africa
- Retailer of the Year
- Importer of the Year
- Glenn Payne Rising Star Award