The IBC attracts a wide variety of entrants including brewers, shippers, agents, independent retailers, retail chains, supermarkets and wholesalers.
Only bottled, canned or PET products can be entered and must fall into one of the 62 categories. Products can be entered by the brewers themselves or by individuals and organisations involved in the supply and retail of the product.
Step 1 – Entering the competition
- Please complete the entry form clearly, in capital letters and black ink
- Please fill in one entry form for each product entered using one as a master which includes payment details.
- Complete the entry form using the correct accents, where applicable. All details will be reproduced for results and certificates. Agile Media takes no responsibility for corrections of errors or illegible text made by the entrant.
- Tick the categories you wish to enter (one per beer entered)
- Complete the payment details section of the entry form
- Photocopy the completed entry form(s) for your records and return with payment to:
- Post: Agile Media, 2nd Floor Zurich House, East Park, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 6AS
- Fax: +44 (0) 1293 474010 (to confirm fax receipt please telephone +44 (0) 1293 590049)
- Email: email@example.com
ENTRY FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 17th May 2013.
Step 2 – Send us your samples
- Send minimum 6 samples of each product entered to: International Beer Challenge, c/o Flightstore, Unit 27-29 Cobham Way (Gatwick International Distribution Centre), Gatwick Rd, Crawley, RH10 9RX, UK. Tel: Mike Potts +44 (0) 1293 534271
- Entrants are responsible for any customs duty, taxes or other costs incurred on products entering the UK
- Entrants to the Design & Packaging awards should send an additional sample of the product
ALL SAMPLES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 31st May 2013.
- 1 entry £130
- 2-5 entries £120 each
- 6-9 entries £110 each
- 10+ entries £105 each
- Packaging awards (if entering tasting competition) £30 each
- Packaging awards (if not entering tasting competition) £130 each
- All entry fees are exclusive of VAT
- VAT is payable on UK entries and is currently 20%
- EU entries are exempt upon provision of the VAT number
- No VAT is payable for countries outside of the EU
Terms & Conditions
- The Organiser of the International Beer Challenge (IBC) is Agile Media Ltd under licence from William Reed Business Media Ltd.
- By entering the IBC the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the IBC details.
- All entry forms and products must be sent by prepaid post and be received by the date stipulated irrespective of the date of dispatch.
- Entries will only be accepted on a fully completed entry form accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. There is no limit to the number of products that may be submitted but each product is a separate entry and subject to a separate entry fee.
- Entries must be signed by the person responsible for submitting the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the IBC should be addressed.
- Any entry form which is incomplete, late or illegible and any product which is late or damaged which does not otherwise comply with these rules, will be deemed invalid.
- The Organiser reserves the right to move beers into the appropriate category, if deemed to be incorrectly entered.
- Products must be securely packaged. The organiser takes no responsibility for products damaged in transit.
- Products must be in date for consumption on 28th June 2013.
- Entries may be withdrawn any time up to 27th June 2013 in which case the entry fee will be returned subject to an administration charge of 50%.
- Products will be retained by the Organiser and will not be returned.
- Entrants are responsible for any customs duty, taxes or other costs incurred on products entering the UK. Should the Organiser incur any liability in connection with excise duties or any other costs these shall forthwith be reimbursed fully by the entrant.
- Only medallists will be contacted personally. To obtain a list of the winners please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The judges' decision on all matters concerning the competition is final and legally binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Any award winner may publicise its award provided the year in which it was won is stated. Each award winner will be granted a non-exclusive non-transferable licence to use the IBC logo in connection with its award for a period of three years from the date of the award.
- Beers entered must be easily obtainable by retailers in their home or international markets for at least 2 months of the year.
Use of the logo
The IBC logo remains the property of Agile Media Ltd and any unauthorised use, reproduction or alteration of the International Beer Challenge logo, trophies or medals is strictly prohibited. Should any trophy or medal be used for promotional purposes (i.e. on printed material or on TV/radio advertising), the award must be attributed to the IBC and its sponsors.
The International Beer Challenge is organised by Agile Media Ltd under license from William Reed Business Media Ltd. Agile Media Ltd's address is Agile Media, Zurich House, East Park, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 6AS.
Registered number: 6646125 VAT number: 938 4452 95